Terms and Conditions
- This is a self-supported ride.That means:-
- There are no marshals.
- You must know the course before you leave (see below).
- Garmen route is available for upload (see below).
- The route will be marked with arrows on the road and signs.
- All roads are open.
- Keep left. Always expect oncoming traffic.
- Never put yourself in a position that would be dangerous if an oncoming car appeared.
- Do not cut blind corners.
- The will be a drinks station at Ihuraua
- There will be a sag wagon.
- The route is recommended for CX and MTB bikes.There will be loose gravel in places so road bikes should have suitable tyres (at least 28’s preferably with some tread).
- If you are not in Ihaurua (Route 52 and drinks station) by 11.30 you should take the short route home and avoid Daggs Road otherwise you will miss lunch, prize giving and a time.Turn Right instead of left and follow the Tour course.
- For health and safety reasons we reserve the right to withdraw any participant from the event.
- Riders on MTB bikes will start at 7.00am.
- Riders on CX and Road bikes start at 8.00am.
Compressed GPX File Download wairarapa-hard-man
|Distance (Km)||Turn||Surface from Turn|
|Start||approx. 65 Te Ore Ore Road||Seal|
|1.8||Left Te Ore Ore Bideford Road||Seal|
|9||Left Wangaehu Valley Road||Seal|
|27.5||Left Dryers Rock Road||Seal|
|34||Left Opaki Kaipororo Road||Seal|
|37.1||Follow main Road South over railway||Seal|
|42.9||Right on to Jacksons Line||Gravel|
|49.8||Right on to West Road||Seal|
|51.5||Follow North Road||Seal then Gravel|
|57.1||Right on to Opaki Kaipororo Road||Seal|
|59||Left on to Bowen Road||Gravel|
|64.7||Right on to Mangaoranga Road||Gravel|
|71.2||Left on to Mangamahoe Road||Gravel|
|76.7||Right on to Bartons Line||Gravel|
|76.9||Left on to Route 52. Go right and proceed to finish if after 11.30.||Seal|
|77.7||Right on to Daggs Road||Gravel|
|92.5||Wairiri Rd becomes Glendonald Road||Gravel then Seal|
|117.6||Follow Bideford Road to finish||Seal|
Approximate Distances and Climb
Total Seal 70.7Km
Total Gravel 46.9Km
Approx. 1560m climbing