Sunday 13th October 2019
Includes 2019 Wellington Half Marathon Championships
On-line Entries https://www.tridentresults.com/event/469.
Postal Entries– return a completed entry form and fee by Monday 7th October. Include an email address or stamped self-addressed envelope if you require entry confirmation. Entry Form
Late Entries– entries will be accepted up to 30 minutes prior to the selected race start with a $10.00 fee.
Refunds/change of entry
Entry fees (less $10) will be refunded for withdrawals received in writing by 5pm, Friday 4th October.
Changes of distances or transfer of entries to other athletes will be accepted up to Saturday 12th October.
Increased distances (e.g. 5km to 10km) will cost the difference in entry fees. No partial refunds will be provided for reducing distance options.
- May include runners and/or walkers. Marathon teams with walkers should consider the early start.
- Teams consist of 2 for the Half Marathon and 2 to 4 for the Marathon.
- Those completing 2 sections (Marathon only) may do so in any order but,
- ALL athletes must start/finish at designated transition points (see map)
- Each team is allowed one vehicle for transport between transitions.
- Allow plenty of time to arrive at the transition.
- Follow all directions of marshals and park well clear of the transition point.
- Drive carefully and courteously, especially when passing athletes.
- Please do not accompany or follow athletes with vehicles or cycles.
- Drop bag services are not available.
- Team members will have sequential bib numbers.
- The transponder must be worn by the last runner/walker.
- Teams may cross the finish line together, but please do not interfere with other athletes.
Collect race numbers from Makoura College, Makora Road, (see map) between 4-6pm Saturday or from 6.30am Sunday.
Times for all events will be recorded until 1:00pm. An overall team time is recorded for the Relay. Results will be available following the event.
The Half Marathon walk is not refereed. It is open to all levels and forms of walking. If you wish to run or jog part of the race please enter as a runner. Participants in all other events may run and/or walk.
|Half Marathon Run||8.45am|
|Half Marathon Walk||8.50 am|
|10km Run/Walk||9.30 am|
|5km Run/Walk||9.45 am|
Marathon early start: Competitors expecting to take 6 hours or more to complete the marathon should phone Stephen Hannam (027470528) to arrange a 6.30am start. Early starters are not eligible for merit prizes. Marshals or drink stations are provided from 7.00am.
- Changing, showers and toilets at Makoura College.
- Toilet at relay transition point 1 (see map)
- Drink Station locations are marked on the course map. Make your own arrangements for Special drinks. These may be handed out at drink stations but please do not interfere with other competitors.
- First Aid facilities will be available on the course.
Prize giving will start approximately 1:30 pm at Makoura College. Participants must be present to claim merit and spot prizes. Certificates will be available on-line following the event.
Marathon/Half Marathon Runs – prizes will be awarded to the 1st male and 1st female finishers in all grades. Remaining prizes will be based on competitor numbers at Friday 12th October. For each grade, 2nd place will be awarded where there are more than 5 competitors and 3rd place where there are more than 10 competitors.
Wairarapa Country Marathon Trophies – 1st male and 1st female marathon finishers (any grade).
Bev Coley Memorial Trophy – 1st female ACM half marathon finisher.
Hamlin, Gregory, Turnbull Memorial Trophy- 1st male ACM half marathon finisher.
Prizes will be awarded to the 1st male and 1st female finishers in the half marathon walk, 10km run/walk and 5km run/walk.
Prizes will be awarded to the 1st team in the marathon relay and 1st team in half marathon relay. A prize will also be awarded to the ‘best dressed’ or ‘best themed’ team.
Course measured to Athletics NZ standards
Marathon-start outside the main gate to Makoura College. A quick out and back for 400 metres along Makora Rd then turn left into Johnston St, then right into Colombo Road, past Lakeview School, then right into Te Ore Ore Road. Turn right by the sub-station into Watsons Rd, right into Stronvar Rd and right into Lees-Pakaraka Rd. Up and over the hills then right into Te Whiti Road and back to Makoura College. Do it all over again. To finish turn left into Makora Rd, left into the school grounds and through the finishing chute.
Half marathon– one lap of the marathon course.
10km fun run– follow the marathon course as far as the Colombo St bridge. Turn left and head along the Waipoua riverbank, up Blair St and right into Te Ore Ore Rd as far as Watsons Rd. Down Watson’s road until the turnaround approximately 50m past the 1stdrink station. Head back to Makoura College via scenic Henley Lake and Colombo Rd. Do not repeat the 400m up and down Makora Rd.
5km fun run– follow the marathon course as far as the gates to Henley Lake. Turn right and follow the course markers and return to Makoura College.
Postal: The Race Secretary, Athletics and Cycling Masterton, P O Box 375, Masterton.
Phone: Stephen Hannam (06) 378 9205 or 0274705286
Previous results can be viewed here