Due to COVID-19 restrictions and uncertainties we have made some changes.
We will not have prize-giving in 2020. Merit prizes will be given in person or posted.
If we go to Alert Level 3 all events will be cancelled.
On-line until Thursday 8thOctober. https://www.tridentresults.com/event/563
Postal – return a completed entry form and fee by Monday 5th October.
Refunds/late or change of entry
- Refunds (less $10) will be given for withdrawals received in writing by 5pm, Friday 2ndOctober. No fee charged if we have to cancel due to COVID-19
- Late entries accepted up to 30 minutes prior to the selected race start with a $5.00 fee.
- Changeof distance or transfer of entry to other athlete accepted up to 30 minutes prior to the selected race start
- Increased distances (e.g. 5km to 10km) will cost the difference in entry fees. No partial refunds will be provided for reducing distance options.
Registration & timing
- Collect race numbers from Race HQ, ACM Club Rooms, Blair Street between 4-6pm Saturday or from 6.30am Sunday.
- Times for will be recorded until 1:00pm. Live results will be available on the website.
The Half Marathon walk is not refereed. It is open to all levels and forms of walking. If you wish to run or jog part of the race please enter as a runner. Participants in all other events may run and/or walk.
Start Times (At Alert Level 2 we will use wave starts to reduce the numbers at the start).
Marathon 7.00 am
Half Marathon Walk 8.30 am
Half Marathon Run 8.45 am
10km Run/Walk 9.15 am
5km Run/Walk 9:30am
Marathon early start: Competitors expecting to take 6 hours or more to complete the marathon should phone Richard or Carol to arrange a 6.00am start. Early starters are not eligible for ACM or Championship merit placings. Marshals and drink stations are provided from 7.00am.
- Changing, showers and toilets at Race HQ.
- Toilet on Stronvar Road (see course map)
- Drink stations are marked on the course maps. Make your own arrangements for Special drinks. These may be handed out at drink stations but please do not interfere with other competitors.
- First Aid facilities will be available.
Parking and toilets
- Race HQ, Henley Lake and Queen Elizabeth Park
Prize giving (Only if at COVID19 Alert Level 1)
Due to uncertainties surrounding COVID-19 and potential last minute changes in Alert Levels, there will be no prize giving in 2020. Merit prizes will be given in person or posted.
Marathon and Half Marathon Runs – prizes are awarded to the 1stmale and 1stfemale finishers in all grades.
Wairarapa Country Marathon Trophies – 1stmale and 1stfemale marathon finishers (any grade).
Bev Coley Memorial Trophy – 1stfemale ACM half marathon finisher.
Hamlin, Gregory, Turnbull Memorial Trophy- 1stmale ACM half marathon finisher.
Half marathon walk, 10km and 5km events – prizes are awarded to the 1stmale and 1stfemale finishers.
Facebook: ACM Runners & Walkers
Postal: Marathon Administrator
Athletics and Cycling Masterton,
P O Box 375, Masterton 5810.
Phone: Richard Hawkes – 021 964994
Carol MacDonald – 027 2893404
Course Descriptions (Marathon and half marathon courses measured to Athletics NZ standards)
Marathon. Start on the riverbank near the swing bridge. Along the lime path, under then up and over the Colombo Rd bridge. Continue straight , right into Te Ore Ore Rd, right into Watsons Rd, right into Stronvar Rd, right into Lees-Pakaraka Rd as far as Te Whiti Road then back to Colombo Rd. DO NOT return to the start on the 2ndlap but repeat the rest of the lap. To finish, turn right before the bridge and follow the lime path to the finish.
Half marathon. Start differs to all other events. Starton Colombo Rd south of the Men’s Shed at Henley Lake (parking available here). Follow the Marathon course as far as Morris Rd where you do a short out and back before re-joining the Marathon course.
10km run/walk– Start 100m east of the swing bridge. Along the lime path, under then up and over the Colombo Rd bridge then hard right immediately after the bridge. Follow the marked course along the lime paths, back onto Colombo Rd, right into Te Ore Ore, back onto the Henley Lake paths. Do that lap once more before returning to the finish via Colombo St bridge and the riverbank path.
5km run/walk– Follow the 10km course as far as the main entrance to Henley Lake. Follow the marked paths until you re-join the 10km course.
Previous results can be viewed here